News From Your Council of Ministries
|Jerry Gass - President||Leta
Garcia - Worship|
|Hal Switzer - Vice President||Karen Wagner - Evangelism|
|Tami Bigler - Secretary||Norman
Eubank - Property|
|Medora Beckmann - Treasurer||Ron Bigler - Education / Youth|
|Penny Lieck - Financial Secretary||
Wayne Gosnell - Stewardship|
COUNCIL NEWS -From the August 9th, 2018 Meeting
Meeting was called to order at 6:30 pm. by President, Jerry Gass. Council members in attendance – Jerry Gass, Karen Wagner, Tami Bigler, Penny Lieck, Medora Beckmann,
Norm Eubank, Leta Garcia, Bobby Leggett, Dayna Leggett, Ron Bigler, Wayne Gosnell and Hal Switzer. Guest: Sidney Cox Devotional: Bobby Leggett gave a devotional on
Jerimiah and opened with a prayer. Time was given to read over the minutes from the July 18th meeting. Leta made a motion to accept the minutes with no corrections.
Karen seconded. Approved.
Financial Report – Penny presented the Financial report.
Treasurers Report – Medora reported the balances of all bank accounts.
Youth – Ron reported that we had VBS the last week of July and that it went very well. Dayna, once again, did an exceptional job. DVD’s and CD’s were made available to sell and made over $400.
Stewardship – Wayne handed out a SWOT form and asked us to complete it prior to the next Council meeting for review at the Oct 20th Council Retreat.
Evangelism – Karen reported that OCC is going well and has had lots of participation on donations. Meals on Wheels schedule is full for August. The fellowship hall kitchen needs a new oven and one was located at Sears (cost is $1999.00)
Leta made a motion to purchase the new oven,
Wayne seconded. All approved.
Worship – Leta reported that August is Favorite Hymn month and all slots are full. WOW met at W-6 Ranch on Tuesday and had 10 attend. It was determined that Communion will be served at the Women’s Retreat in Sept.
Church Property – Norm reported that the ice machine was serviced, Refrigerator has a slow freon leak; but will need to be replaced at some point in the future.
Fall Fundraiser – Tami reported that the Fall Fundraiser will be held on Oct 20th and is going in a new direction. It will be a Dinner and Live Auction held at Uptown Blanco. Tickets will be $30 per person. Dinner will include Corn Bisque Soup, Salad, Prime Rib Dinner, Cheesecake w/ Cherry Sauce. Live music will be played, and we are looking into getting a variety of Wineries, Breweries and Distilleries to provide tastings. We are also looking for Upscale Auction item donations. Tickets go on sale Sunday.
Leta made a motion to accept the committee reports. Medora seconded. All approved.
Old Business --
* Reunion 2020 – May 31, 2020; put on agenda for Oct Retreat to discuss.
* Property Value – Rose house has been removed; Angie sent a very nice letter to Dirt Works for their “donation” of time and materials. Sidney Cox has started bringing material to the site to use as a base for the parking lot.
* VBS – Dayna reported that 66 kids, 6 nursery kids and 55 helpers attended. Everything went extremely smooth and there were no issues to report. We stayed under budget since we were able to reuse a good portion of the items from previous years. Next year will be an Old West Theme and will be moved up to June 10-14, 2019.
* Building Committee – move to the Council Retreat on Oct 20th for discussion.
* Fellowship Schedule – deferred to Sept meeting.
* Nomination Committee – The following positions are coming up at the end of the year: VP (Hal is staying), Secretary (need replacement), Property (Norm is staying), Worship (Leta is staying) – we were also informed that Financial and Youth will be vacant. The Committee will consist of Ron Bigler as Chair and Penny Lieck as Co-Chair
* Budget Committee – The Committee will consist of Medora Beckmann, Hal Switzer, Sidney Cox and (one other). Please bring tentative budget to Council in Sept for review.
* Congregation Meeting – Will be set for a Sunday in November.
Ron made a motion to adjourn the meeting at 8:17 pm,
Penny seconded, all Approved. Closed with Lord’s Prayer.