News From Your Council of Ministries
|Jerry Gass - President||Leta
Garcia - Worship|
|Hal Switzer - Vice President||Karen Wagner - Evangelism|
|Tami Bigler - Secretary||Norman
Eubank - Property|
|Medora Beckmann - Treasurer||Ron Bigler - Education / Youth|
|Penny Lieck - Financial Secretary||
Wayne Gosnell - Stewardship|
COUNCIL NEWS -From the June 13, 2018 Meeting
The Meeting was called to order at 6:31 p.m. by President Jerry Gass.
Council members in attendance - Jerry Gass, Hal Switzer, Karen Wagner, Penny Lieck, Medora Beckmann, Norman Eubank, Wayne Gosnell and Pastors Bobby and Dayna Leggett.
Absent were: Ron Bigler, Leta Garcia and Tami Bigler.
Devotional: Bobby Leggett gave a devotional based on 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18, "Be joyful always..."
Member Input: Sandy Switzer updated council members on a new Stephen Ministers' community outreach effort called "File of Life" in conjunction with the local EMS. Danny Osterhout updated council members on the status of the Gate Keeper security program at Trinity.
Time was given to read over the minutes from the last meeting. Penny made a motion to accept the minutes with the following amendments: 1)
Worship - at the end of line 3, add Lainie Parker to the list of employees who are now under the tax withholding from their pay checks; 2)
Church Property - correct the spelling of the word "striping" to "stripping"; and 3)
Old Business correct the spelling of the word "Doditos" to "Deditos."
Financial Report – Penny presented the
Treasurer’s Report – Medora presented the Treasurer's report.
Youth – In Ron's absence, Pastor
Dayna reported that the Arty Party was cancelled due to Leta's
illness. $2,510.61 in Fall Fundraiser proceeds were moved in June
from the Fall Fundraiser account to the youth camp account so that
we could figure out where we are on costs verses funds raised. As of
June 12, 2018, campers have raised more than enough to cover all
camp costs and travel. Regarding the Scholarship Fund: $6,141.75 was
transferred from Fall Fundraiser proceeds into the scholarship
account. Sunday School report: June 1 was the Paint Ball Art Project
for Sunday School kids. On June 10, Sunday School ended for the
summer. As a sending out, we started a Flat Jesus Project. They
chose a drawing of Jesus, colored it, and we laminated it. Every
time a child takes a trip this summer, they are to text the picture
to the church so that we can print it and post it on the large
bulletin board in the hallway. There are already some pictures
posted. The kids also baked tool-shaped cookies for Fathers' Day.
Wayne Gosnell gave council members a synopsis on two
stewardship-themed books: (1) Rich Church, Poor Church: Keys to
Effective Financial Ministry, by J. Clif Christopher, 2012; and (2)
A Spirituality of Fundraising, by Henri J. M. Nouwen, 2010.
Evangelism – Karen reported
that July 29 is a 5th Sunday; and there will be a Potluck Dinner
after the late service.
Worship – No report.
- Norm reported on the status of 1) the house teardown on the
adjoining property; 2) the need for the portico drawings to be
merged with the parking lot proposal drawings before they are
presented to the City of Blanco for approval; 3) the oldest A/C Unit
may need to be replaced very soon. Council authorized Norm to spend
up to $6,400 in getting the house torn down and removed which would
come from the Building Fund. Council also authorized Norm to spend
up to $6,400 to replace the A/C unit when it becomes necessary,
which would come from the Maintenance Budget. Any higher than $6,400
would require congregational approval. Norm also reported that CMOB
just completed a wheelchair ramp project.
Fall Fund Raiser - In
Tami's absence, Pastor Dayna reported that the proceeds were
distributed as mentioned in the Youth report above. The status of
the scholarship fund -- even after the distribution of funds --
still has a balance towards next year.
Wayne made a
motion to accept the committee reports. Medora seconded.
Old Business --
* Appreciation Letters: Pastor Dayna sent out letters to the men's group (CMOB) and all who helped with the Middle School Lock in on May 19th. She also sent thanks you letters to all who helped on the door refinishing project. Wayne reported that we received several letters from EthnoMedia, Amber Newby with Blanco CoAPT thanking CMOB for our participation in the Middle School Lock-In, Highland Lakes Family Crisis Center, Upbring, Lutherans for Life, and Blanco EMS.
* Communion Assistants for the month of July were filled in.
* Plan for a "Reunion Sunday 2020" - tentatively scheduled for August 2020. Hal will spearhead this event.
* Scholarship report - see Youth report above.
* Welcome new families - Council discussed ways of getting new resident information. Item tabled.
* Sign Permits - Wayne reported that although some churches pay their sign permit fees, Trinity is the most frequent. He also said that the Mayor is considering waiving those fees for churches.
* Open Carry 30.06 signage. Tabled.
* Church budget money to send flowers to members cannot be used.
* Reminder that July council meeting will be July 18 due to vacations.
* VBS staffing and student registrations discussed. July 23-27, 2018
* Cooley/Mayfield wedding at TLC on June 22-23
* Baptism of Teagann Finch on June 24
* Baptism of Davis baby on July 1
* Couples Retreat, August 10-12
* Church Office will be closed on Wednesday, July 4th.
Motion by Penny Lieck to adjourn
at 8:30 p.m., seconded by Karen Wagner. Unanimously approved. Closed with
Minutes taken by Dayna Leggett.