Meeting was called to order at 6:33 pm. by President, Jerry Gass. Council members in attendance – Jerry Gass, Pastors Bobby & Dayna, Karen Wagner, Paul Lukich,
Tami Bigler, Penny Lieck, Medora Beckmann, Norm Eubank and Leta Garcia. Time was given to read over the minutes from last meeting. Norm made a motion to
accept the minutes as corrected, Medora seconded. Approved.
Financial Report – Penny presented the
financial report. Treasurer’s Report – Medora reported the
Treasurer's report. Youth – Ron was not present. Dayna reported the youth did about 30 Wounded Warrior cards and created Christmas Cards for the congregation. Stewardship – Kayla was not present. Evangelism – Karen had nothing to report. Worship – Leta reported on “Friends of Faith” group; but mentioned we already do 3 of the options. Choir will be signing as well as several guest singers during the month of Dec. Church Property – Norm reported routine maintenance and upkeep. Fall Fundraiser – Tami reported there will be an Enchilada lunch on Feb and presales will begin Jan 1.
Penny made a motion to accept the committee reports. Leta seconded. All approved.
* Church Property: None, Steve Wagner is to get a permit from the City.
* Elections: All positions have been filled; Ron stayed on, Karen agreed to stay on and Wayne will take office in Jan. Jerry would like to announce
in Sept of the upcoming positions to see if anyone is interested.
* 2018 Budget: Changes were discussed, final copy to be presented in Jan.
* Audit Committee: an outside audit is not needed since the books are open to the congregation.
* Council Retreat: we will schedule a date at the next meeting in Jan.
* Closing / Security: will keep updating as needed. There is a community meeting in Blanco tomorrow to discuss various security options.
New Business –-
* Scholarship Committee: Tami is the Chairperson and will have slate of committee members for the Jan meeting.
* Communion Assistants: Sign up sheet is available and needs to be filled in.
* Installation of Officers: Jan 21st during Congregational meeting.
* Other: Brayden Hull has sent TLC a letter for a donation for a trip he is taking to attend the “Lonestar Leadership Academy” that he was nominated for by Blanco School. Leta made a motion to give him a donation, Paul seconded. All approved.
Paul made a motion to adjourn at 7:55 p.m., Leta seconded. All Approved.