Trinity Mission Statement
Not having it all together, nor pretending to, our quest is to help in making mature, authentic disciples through teaching and preaching sound Biblical doctrine that will inform, inspire, equip, and connect God’s people to God and to each other, and to evangelize with the Good News.
The Nicene Creed
We believe in one God, the Father Almighty, maker of heaven and earth and of all things visible and invisible.
And in one Lord Jesus Christ, the only-begotten Son of God, begotten of His Father before all worlds, God of God, Light of Light, very God of very God, begotten, not made, being of one substance with the Father, by whom all things were made; who for us men and for our salvation came down from heaven and was incarnate by the Holy Spirit of the virgin Mary and was made man; and was crucified also for us under Pontius Pilate. He suffered and was buried. And the third day He rose again according to the Scriptures and ascended into heaven and sits at the right hand of the Father. And He will come again with glory to judge both the living and the dead, whose kingdom will have no end.
And we believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord and Giver of Life, who proceeds from the Father and the Son, who with the Father and the Son together is worshiped and glorified, who spoke by the prophets. And we believe in one holy Christian and apostolic Church, we acknowledge one Baptism for the remission of sins, and we look for the resurrection of the dead and the life of the world to come. Amen.
We are a member of the Lutheran Congregations in Mission for Christ.
Missionaries on horseback first served the families living on the Little Blanco River in southern Blanco County beginning in 1860. These German-speaking pioneer families later organized the congregation in 1906 as “Trinitatis Lutherische Gemeinde.” They met for years in homes and the local schoolhouse until they built a church in Twin Sisters in April 1920. After serving this community 30 years, the congregation moved to the growing town of Blanco, where Trinity Lutheran Church was dedicated on August 20, 1950.
The current church building, located at 7th & Main Streets, consists of a unique sanctuary with beautiful stained glass windows and the church’s original wooden altar. An educational wing was added in the 1960’s to accommodate the growing congregation and provide more room for Sunday School classes. In 2003, the congregation expanded once again to provide a spacious fellowship hall, large kitchen, restrooms, and a youth room.
Trinity Lutheran Church believes in Christian tithing, regularly dedicating a portion of one’s income to the work of God. We model that belief in tithing by dedicating 1/10 of the church’s unrestricted income to “benevolences,” helping those in the community who are least able to help themselves and supporting those outside Blanco who are working to fulfill the Great Commission.
Among those the church has supported are the following:
- Blanco Good Samaritan Center
- Blanco County Child Protection and Advocacy Board (BCCPAB)
- Blanco Emergency Medical Services (Blanco EMS)
- Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) for the Highland Lakes Area
- Hill Country Children’s Advocacy Center (HCCAC
- Highland Lakes Family Crisis Center (HLFCC)
- Upbring (the new Lutheran Social Services)
- Teen and Adult Challenge of Texas (ATCOT)
- Institute of Lutheran Theology (ILT)
- Lutheran Congregations in Mission for Christ (LCMC) National Office
- Lutheran Congregations in Mission for Christ (LCMC) Texas Office
- Lutherans for Life (LFL)
- Ethnomedia Associates
- Wycliffe Bible Translators/Summer Institute of Linguists (SIL)