Health Protocols for Worship at Trinity
During the COVID-19 health crisis, Trinity Lutheran Church has adopted common sense protocols to protect both worshippers and staff.
Please note that these guidelines are based on those from the Texas Governor and Attorney General’s office and are the minimum requirements for gathering together for worship during the current health crisis.
Common sense and wise judgement will ultimately protect the congregation’s health, and we ask all those attending worship in person to please be mindful of their health and the health of those around them.
The Church Council and Staff have compiled a plan for the resumption of worship at Trinity. It is our hope that by following the guidelines below, we will keep everyone safe. For those at-risk members that choose to worship in the safety of their home, the worship service will continue to be live streamed on Facebook each Sunday at 9:30am.
Hand Sanitizer Stations—We will have 5 sanitizing stations with sanitizer and signage:
- at the entrance to the Narthex
- at the entrance to the Sanctuary
- at the hospitality table
- at the entrance to the fellowship hall
- at the coffee pot in the fellowship hall
Masks—Trinity has purchased 100 disposable masks for those that need them. (Ruby Duecker has also sewn fabric masks and donated them for use by members.) The masks will be placed at the entrance to the sanctuary.
Holy Communion—The Pastor, Worship Assistant and Communion Assistant will wear masks and gloves during a continuous distribution of communion from the center aisle.
Signage—A stand and sign with health safety instructions will be in the Narthex to remind everyone of safety. Posters will direct members to the sanitizing stations and offering basket.
Offering basket will be placed in the Narthex for members to deposit their offerings instead of passing the plate during worship.
- Ushers will wipe down surfaces with sanitized wipes after services
- Ushers will advise all attendees and family groups to seat themselves in a socially distant manner
- Every other pew will be taped off and left vacant
- No congregating in the Narthex before worship, Ushers will advise everyone as they come to the entrance of the Narthex
- No Greeters
- No hospitality or coffee served in the Narthex
- Ushers will usher worshipers OUT of the sanctuary. At the end of the service, those seated in the back of the Narthex will be ushered out first to limit close contact
Social Distancing—Fellowship hall chairs and tables will be arranged to accommodate the suggested social distance for worship and adult Sunday School.
Your Safety is Our Priority and we ask for your patience as we celebrate the opportunity to worship together at Trinity!